Olixn L. Adams, D.O.
FAMILY MEDICINE / OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
Curry Medical West
Curry General Hospital
Facility/Office:CURRY MEDICAL WEST
94125 W. 4th Street
Gold Beach, OR 97444
Dr. Adams also works in the Emergency Room at Curry General Hospital.
Education:Dr. Adams received his Doctor of Osteopathy from Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona, and a Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communications and Painting from Metropolitan State College in Denver, Colorado.
Internship:Rotating Family Medicine & Obstetric Internship at North Colorado Medical Center program in Greeley, CO.
Residency:Family Medicine Residency at North Colorado Family Medicine in Greeley, CO.
Certification:Dr. Adams is board certified in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine, and is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
* Started the first, since the 1930s, homeopathic pharmacy in a US hospital where pharmaceutical medications and homeopathy are utilized side by side for a patient-integrative approach in a hospital
* Has made medical mission trips to India, including in 2013 when he was caught in a massive flood in the Himalayan region bordering India and China, and was evacuated by an Army helicopter
* Has provided medical care on a Hopi Indian reservation
* Is fluent in Spanish, having attended high school in Mexico
* Assists in courses for traditional Osteopathy for international physicians including those from Russia, Europe, South America and the U.S.
* Has extensive experience providing health care in rural communities
* Is trained in full-spectrum family medicine including clinic, emergency room, hospital, obstetrics and integrative medicine.
When asked what attracted Dr. Adams to Curry Health Network, he said, "It is a very exciting time to be part of Curry Health Network - a new hospital is being built, a new emergency room will be in Brookings, there is a renewed commitment to obstetrics, and the administration is progressive in their thinking and committed to bringing the best health care to the region. We are going to see a lot of great changes and progress in our health care over the next few years."
Dr. Adams enjoys most outdoor activities, and his wife is a classical homeopath and successful artist/sculptor.